In this amazing interview with Arnie Vargas, we talk about relationship issues for gay men over 40. Today we are speaking with Arnie Vargas, psychotherapist and relationship coach from Cape May, NJ and New York City. Arnie has worked for 22 years with individuals and couples helping them with individual and relationship issues. Arnie has been with the same partner for 16 years and practices what he preaches.
Click on the link below to listen to the audio interview.
- Know why you are entering the relationship.
- What are you looking to get out of a date and the relationship.
- Have you ever had a successful relationship? If yes, can you apply a similar methodology?
- Stop comparing yourself to your straight counterparts. Just because your friends are in a relationship, it doesn’t mean you have to have one right now.
- Pay for dinner if you suggest the date.
- Get rid of your laundry list and bring value into the relationship.
- Younger people and the entitlement concept.
- Fear of commitment.
- Can an older person use his experience with a woman in earlier years for a successful relationship with a man?
- Apathy breaks up relationships. Men lack proper communication.
- Guilt and shame from early childhood.
- Older person should make the approach first. Do not wait. Express your admiration towards the younger guy quickly.
- Men are horrified of being alone.
- All men are sensitive. We need to communicate with caution and sensitivity.