Narcissistic gay men are so self centered and self indulgent that they see friends and lovers as mere extensions of themselves. They are obsessed with flattery and demand to be adored and have attention to themselves at all times. Unfortunately, these narcissistic types are very seductive and you may at first be attracted to them without realizing what you are stepping into. Because their egos are so very fragile, they constantly crave attention which eventually puts their partner at risk of being on the loosing end of the relationship.
To help you with some tips on identifying whether or not your gay date is a narcissistic type, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Does he loose interest when they are not the center of attention?
2. Are most conversations about him, whether you try to change the subject or not?
3. Is your partner always fishing for compliments?
4. If you criticize him, does he literally fall apart at that criticism, especially if it refers to his looks or his mistakes?
5. Do you catch him talking about all of his supposed ‘lost loves’ whom each seemed to have had major flaws that caused him to end the relationship?
6. If he is not getting special treatment or constant attention does he get mad or have a temper tantrums? For example when he is not being served fast enough in restaurants, or when he doesn’t get the best seats at the movies, is he upset?
7. Does he show the following pattern: He is using people just to get what he wants and then discards them when his own needs are met?
If the man are interested in shows any number of these types of behaviors then you may want to be careful. These are not the type of people to get involved in a relationship with if you want equal attention and love.